Below are tools that Ed uses, loves and recommends to other small business owners. Some are affiliate links which means money can be earned but Ed only recommends based on what he loves, the ease of use and the support provided. Read the disclaimer here.
Online Courses & Training
A combination of resources from Ed Troxell and fellow small business owners
- Coaches Go Live: Learn how to use Facebook Live to make marketing and selling your services online easier!
- DIY your own easy to manage website
- How to make your first-course sale in the next 30 days without ads
- How to Write Stories that Sell Without Hiring a Copywriter by Paul and Jordan Aspen
Impacted by COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
If your business has been affected or will be affected here is a quick list of SOME resources that can help you (more can be found on this page but we wanted to provide you with a quick start option)
- Watch Coronavirus: How small businesses can fight back
- Virtual meetings = Zoom
- Screen recording = Loom
- Create a popup Facebook group if needed for your event or better yet, build out your own network outside of social media with Mighty Networks
- Eventbrite: Resources for Event organizers
Need more on-going support? Join the Yes to Entrepreneurship Network
- Learn about business insurance
- Start creating your business plan
- Every freelancer: Check out Freelancers Union
- Find business advisors SCORE, SBA, SBDC
- Help protect you & your business by getting an EIN
- Copyright terms you should know even if you are not a writer
- Growing relationships – A great resource by Kyle Gray
- Books you should be reading when starting a business
- The ultimate home office setup guide
- AWeber Email Marketing – I’ve tried various email marketing platforms but I have to say, I am loving AWeber! Their migration team made switching over to them so easy and worth every penny! Check them out today!
- Zoom – easy video conferencing
- Acuity Scheduling – Any easy to use online booking system that works for any type of business and budget
- Canva for creating my graphics
- PromoRepublic – Social media content calendar, scheduler, and best way to monitor your performance of each post
- Dubsado – This all-in-one program is everything you need for running your business no matter what your budget is
- G-Suite – The best way to manage your office on the go from Word docs to Spreadsheets to PowerPoints and more!
- QuickBooks –50% off QuickBooks Online or 50% off QuickBooks Self-Employed for 6 months! It’s the only way to go for managing your business finances and their phone support is amazing!
- 1Password – Stop stressing about your passwords or worse forgetting them completely with this free mobile app
- Trello – Easy to use project management system that fits every budget and every project
- Interact Quiz – Grow your leads with this easy to use quiz generator
Content Creation Tools
- StreamYard makes it so easy to stream live in multiple places at once from any web browser!
- Thinkific for easy online course creation (they are the most flexible course building platform I have found and love them!
- Mighty Networks – Bringing together a community! Easily create your own network and get your own app – without all the costs of developing an app – outside of social media. Yes to Entrepreneurship Network is proudly built on the Mighty Network platform
- Mac users can check out Ecamm Live
- Selfie stick tripod
- Lighting kit
- Portable ring light
- Camera rig with lighting and microphone – best set up!
- Use Vimeo for saving all your videos (way better than YouTube)
- Canva makes it so easy to design anything from social media posts to flyers, powerpoints, and more!
- Video School – Video creation resources
- Simple podcast press – Easily share new podcast episodes on your website as blog posts with a specific call to action buttons – automatically!
- Simple social press – – Easily share new Facebook Live video episodes on your website as blog posts with a specific call to action buttons – automatically!