In this episode we talked about:
- Working with teachers and schools while making homeschool work
How giving up the 9 to 5 opened more doors and created a healthy work/life balance
How entrepreneurship wasn’t talked about in school and how it’s always been about what kind of job you can get and what kind of benefits they offer
College isn’t for everyone and why it’s important to make time for that personal development
Thinking twice about what you post and put out there especially when at your job
Time management and what you have to do in order to make the most of your day
Going from a course junkie to course dieting and the benefits of slimming down
StupidEasy.com – A new online course marketplace where you can easily create and sell your online courses without having a chunk of your sales taken out. Discover more at StupidEasy.com.
- “If you really wanted to do it you would figure it out”
“I wanted my kids to have a solid foundation”
“I enjoy the work I’m doing and I enjoy the balance”
“What problems do you want to solve? What is it that you want to do?”
“I’m ok with not doing what everyone else is doing”
“Stay in your lane”
Connect with Domari at http://domaridickinson.com/
Questions I ask prior to meeting:
Business/Brand/Blog name: Let’s Talk Education
Who are you/what role do you play in your business?: Founder and CEO
Tell me a little bit about yourself:: I am a homeschooling mother of 4, a Christ lover, and an educational consultant who is passionate about helping groom children for success. I’ve been working in the education arena for over 15 years and I’ve had my own consulting business for 2.
What are the 2 biggest challenges you have with entrepreneurship:
1) Building my confidence and believing that I could succeed at being an entrepreneur. In my first attempt I was constantly around people who were crushing their business, and since I wasn’t it took A LOT of personal development for me to get to the point where I didn’t feel like a total failure.
2) Figuring out how to be a businesswoman, a wife, a mom and not lose my mind (still working on this)
We are at the local coffee shop down the street and I’m about to leave. Tell me 3 things you want me to walk away with from our meeting:
1) my contact info because we are totally going to be friends for life!
2) the bill – because I’m on my way to being debt free again and every penny counts
3) a belief that all children can succeed and that it’s our responsibility to sow into them to help them realize their potential
Favorite drink: Water – it’s nature’s nectar ?
Name a place you would like to be at right now for this interview (we won’t actually be there, but it’s always nice to pretend right?): Bora Bora
Favorite quote: For I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.